Sugar-Free Chocolate Fudge

When I hear those words, I think of cloyingly-sweet, sucralose-laden desserts or beverages.Chemical sugars and I do not get along. As a little kid, I put Sweet-n-Low in my iced tea because my mom said it dissolved better than sugar. But after a few months of awful tummy aches, we determined Sweet-n-Low didn’t like me very much. Eh, the feeling is mutual; to me, foods with fake sugars taste… well,  fake.
But this fudge has no fake sugar. It only has real ingredients, which is perhaps why it tastes so incredible.
You’ll find no Darth Vaders lurking here. No, in my little world of chocolate, everything is turned upside down, and dark equals light.
 Sugar-Free Chocolate Fudge
  • 1/2 cup coconut butter or Homemade Coconut Butter. (120g)
  • 1 large, very-ripe banana (160g) (For a banana-free version, just use 2/3 cup more coconut butter.)
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
  • scant 1/8 tsp salt
  • sweetener of choice, to taste (Sweeteners that work well in this recipe include: nunaturals vanilla stevia drops, powdered sugar, or even a liquid sweetener such as pure maple syrup. If a using a super-ripe banana, you might not need any added sweetener, depending on your tastebuds.)
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened or dutch cocoa powder (20g)
  • optional: 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Make sure your coconut butter is melted before use. Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Then smooth the fudge into a container or candy molds. (Plastic containers work well, because you can pop the fudge right out.) Place in the fridge for a few hours, or freeze for a few minutes. You can freeze it for longer periods of time; just be sure to thaw at least 15-20 minutes prior to eating.

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment

Back to top